Wednesday 2 April 2008

Yalin singing live at the legendary Green Mill

Yes, you've read that correctly. I've made it to the Green Mill and sang two songs with a trio as part of the Bloom School of Jazz recital. While I was in Chicago for the past couple of months, I decided I should invest in myself a bit and decided to take the jazz vocal courses offered by Spider Saloff at the Bloom School. After seven sessions and a few rehearsals, I found myself on the stage of the legendary Mill.. what can I say? It feels great!

The two songs I performed are You've Changed by Bill Carey and Carl Fischer and Honeysuckle Rose by Thomas 'Fats' Waller. Feel free to head to the following youtube links to watch the live performance of both songs at the Mill. Hope you enjoy them!

You've Changed - http://youtube.com/watch?v=QY9hIhf4hJo
Honeysuckle Rose - http://youtube.com/watch?v=s4RwFEwBu7A

1 comment:

  1. yalincim supersin, tebrik ediyorum. o guzel sesini kesfetmeleri gerekiyordu:-)

    nisanda istanbula geliyorsun, mutlaka goruselim bu sefer :-)))

    ReplyDelete