Thursday 17 January 2008

The For-Two Syndrome

In my busy Chicago days (don't get me wrong; I'm busy because of work these days, not play), I rarely get the chance to cook a hearty meal at home. So, I usually have to either eat out or buy something ready-to-cook. After a few weeks of this regime, what I realized is that almost everything pre-cooked comes for couples! Bread-crusted salmon and leek quiche (for two...), Bertolli's roasted chicken and linguine (for two.....), Giordano's famous Chicago pizza for delivery (for freaking two................!!!). I'm already single and these for-two meals aren't helping me as I get to eat double portions every dinner! How is that supposed to help me end my spinster ways? You tell me.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! You just don't know the ways of brewaking this cycle.. Here is what you do: You find a cute little thing on the train, bus, street, supermarket, etc. Then you ask them if they wanna join you for a read-to-cook meal, for two! There is your answer.. you'll eat less and will eat with someone, and hopefully you'll get to have some dessert too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ozlem, I tried your suggestion tonight when I was working out at the gym and I got really weird looks... Especially my personal trainer may not talk to me again.

    ReplyDelete