Thursday 22 May 2008

Indy's whip still works!

Indiana Jones 4 - 4,5 stars

Having just got back from a preview screening of the latest installment of Indiana Jones, I can't contain my excitement and adrenaline levels! It was exhilarating - so much fun that I might consider seeing it again. Kudos to the Spielberg-Lucas duo and of course to the one-and-only Harrison Ford and Cate Blanchett.

The adventure this time revolves around a crystal skull and its powers. The mysterious skull takes Indy to South America, reunites him with some old friends, reveals a few surprises and leaves him face to face with his new rival - Irina Spalko, played by Blanchett. Frankly, Blanchett makes the perfect villain for this installment with her Siberian blue eyes, angular face, and dark, black, straight-cut bob; a villain worthy for Indy's come-back. Ford himself hasn't lost any of his charm as Indy is back as we've always known him. The plot breathes of endless adventure and the fantastic end proves to be larger than life, but perhaps a bit unresolved. A little appendix will also answer fans' long-awaited questions regarding the future of the series. All in all though, Spielberg has created a worthy successor to the series.

I forewarn anyone who I might be meeting in the next few weeks as I will be humming the Indy tune for some time and dreaming of becoming an archaeologist. So, you should see the film too so we can hum it together and go on an adventure to Egypt or Peru or somewhere where we can dig out mysterious artifacts! Yea!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to see it in about 2 weeks at the Electric cinema - no spoilers please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hon I'm a seasoned film reviewer, I never spill the beans when it comes to films. :)

    ReplyDelete