Thursday 8 November 2007

Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow. Savvy?

...and then it was time for the scariest time of the year - Halloween! Having never celebrated Halloween before in my entire life, even though I've lived in the US for more than six years, I decided to make the most of my circumstances. I was in Chicago, it was Halloween, my sister was throwing a big Halloween party, I could invite my friends - what was I waiting for?!?

The inspiration struck me when my best friend in Chicago promptly reminded me of how much I look like Johnny Depp. ;) OK, she only said, with the right amount of make-up and some acting on my part, how convincing I would be as Jack Sparrow, but I took that to mean I'm as handsome as the Depp himself. It was on! I scouted all the seasonal Halloween stores in search of the costume and the wig/hat, and I could only find it an hour outside of Chicago.

After about a week and a half watching looped clips of Pirates of the Caribbean and studying the captain's make-up, I arrived at my sister's house a day before the party to start the preparations. My sister successfully completed the make-up and I was ready to flirt, get drunk and move my hands around like Jack while confusing others with my endless chatter.

...Friends... This is the day that you will ALWAYS remember as the day that you...
[backs up and trips over ledge]


If you want to see the complete set of pictures and an incredibly ridiculous video of me as Jack dancing to Christina Aguilera's "Ain't No Other Man," just go to the following online album:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ysolmaz/HalloweenPartyChicagoOct2007

1 comment:

  1. Hey
    Sorry for spamming, but I really like your writings and wanted to ask you if we could exchange links? Please write me a comment in my blog (my everyday glamour) that has to do a bit with the post *lol* then I know that’s okay for you ;-)
    Hope you’re okay,
    Chililady from Austria

    ReplyDelete