Sunday 2 September 2007

the Flying Trapeze

Due to popular demand, I'm posting the video of me doing the flying trapeze for the first time. It happens to be in front of the Tate Modern on a fine summer afternoon late Aug 2006. My original idea was to get this filmed and to send it off to my best friend in Chicago as a post Sex-and-the-City souvenir.

Even though I'm afraid of heights, the only part that was scary was climbing the stairs bit. Once you get hold of the trapeze and start swinging, it's just pure fun! I was having such a blast that I didn't want to get off and tried to speed up. The French instructor wasn't very fond of that idea so my ambitions to become a professional flying trapeze Turk ended in vain, but not without a final somersault! :) Watch the video already!

1 comment: